I was discussing with my friend how easy it is to look like you "have it all together."
It's easy to take a glance at someone and compare my worst qualities with their best qualities and come to the conclusion that I get a big old F- in life.
Here's my thing. I don't wanna be one of those people who makes you feel like you should have an F-!!! I don't want to ever walk around pretending that I've got this thing figured out.
Here's my thing. I don't wanna be one of those people who makes you feel like you should have an F-!!! I don't want to ever walk around pretending that I've got this thing figured out.
SO! I'm KEEPIN IT REAL!!! Here goes!
1. I rarely cook. When I do cook it's something pathetic like taco meat or something.
2. I MAY wash and dry the laundry but it certainly will not get put away in it's correct location for days, weeks... possibly months..
3. I stay up way too late- complete night owl- and sleep too late.
4. I like food, like a lot, and have to work very hard at not being a complete glutton.
5. I hate surprises.
6. I have been known to plan years in advance for things you can't possibly plan for accurately.
7. I hate dressing up with a passion. A cotton skirt or khaki capris is super fancy in my world. Heels or hose??? FORGET IT!
8. I don't iron. Isn't that what a dryer is for?
9. I rarely fix my hair and hardly ever put on more than mascara and lip gloss.
10. My house is hardly ever perfectly straight. I like things to be clean and fairly organized but it's almost always just a little untidy.
11. I can't stand not knowing what's happening. I can deal with waiting when I know a timeline but am not a fan of unknowns or unknown timelines.
12. Whenever I get into a disagreement with a friend I have a natural tendency to think the whole relationship is done for... it's taken some very good friends to help me in that area. ;-)
13. I feel like a failure on a regular basis in my homeschooling of our oldest daughter. We have had so much to catch up on since she came home at 8 and I always feel like I'm not doing enough for her.
14. No matter how thin or big I am when I see myself I see chubby. Can you say ISSUES?!?!
AND those are just the ones that I can spout off the top of my head!! See??? No one's got it together here! If you were looking for perfect... move along... move along...
:-) Angel