Mexican Textiles


Cool or weird that I totally dig this embroidered fabric from Mexico? I saw the below article in Domino or Cookie or one of those a while back and couldn't get the bold, graphic print out of my mind.


I saw on design*sponge today that there is a company in California that distributes these pieces of art, embroidered over a three month process by indigenous people in Mexico.

The company sells the fabric in 2x2 or 2x3 meter squares and then you have to have it made into a duvet or headboard (or do it yourself). It's a little on the pricier side for me right now. But if you consider how expensive a random duvet cover is at Anthropologie or a department store, it's not that bad really. And we could use a bedroom makeover.

I think I've decided to let it stew until the summer time (when we'll have some extra cash). That way I can think about the color choices too.